Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience

My whirpool side by side refrigerator freezer just quit on

My whirpool side by side refrigerator freezer just quit on us today. I bought it new in 2005 and never had any problems with it until now. HELP!!!!!!!!! I just bought groceries yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Could you please look in the fridge section, there should be a sticker somewhere that has the model/serial# XXXXX it. Please verify the model# XXXXX me to further assist you..... Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

Ok, nothing is running at all right now, just the lights work....correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the lights are not working either

Ok, Plug something else into the outlet the fridge is plugged into. Does that appliance work, or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I went to pull the plug out of the socket, my refrigerator came onnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

It sounds like you may have a bad outlet. Jiggle the cord hold it tight to the outlet. If the cord movement makes it go off/on, then replace cord. If the movement of the outlet does it, or not....I still would replace the outlet anyway. I hope that I have been of assistance. Please give me a great rating if I have done so.......Thank you