Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

(APPLIANCE DOC ONLY) Someone has a KitchenAid wall single oven.

(APPLIANCE DOC ONLY) Someone has a KitchenAid wall single oven. He says is dead. NO lights or anything. After I do the simple stuff like see if the breaker is flipped or if he is getting power to the unit, I know it can be the circuit board, but what would you check before that? Maybe start with the thermal cutoff?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So attached to the back of the control board SOMETIMES there is a thermal fuse in a clear plastic shielding between a white wire and the control board. That's the thermal fuse if there is one on this model. If you have a bad thermal fuse, you'll need to order and replace it. Otherwise, if the unit is getting 240 volts, you need to replace the control board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, before I go, it does have a thermal cutoff but you have to take the top off. I have a simple test for it. Just to make sure, is there anywhere else you'd look for no lights or power at all if the cutoff tests good before going to the board? They're expensive, so I'm just trying not to jump the gun.

Aye, I understand. But other than the thermal fuse an a faulty control board or bad power coming to the oven, there is really nothing else.