repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

I have a new refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid KFCS22EVMS8. The

I have a new refrigerator, a Kitchen Aid KFCS22EVMS8. The icemaker made three batches of ice the first week. After the last batch sat there for about a week, we discarded it. However, the ice maker has, for 10 days now, stopped making ice. Is there anything short of a service call to be done?
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is appreciated. OK, if your frig. is 1 year old or less, you have a parts and labor warranty on that unit for the 1 year period. As for checking anything prior to calling for service, make sure wire loop on icemaker is in the down position. If for some reason, the water was turned off, make sure its on. Other than that, your owners manual in the front should give you a phone number to call, which can get you hooked up with local service, or you can contact the store for servicing assistance. Again, your one year parts and service warranty is a good deal, that I recommend you take advantage of to get your icemaker back in service again. Hope this helps, and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the wire loop is down. And it is under warranty -- and a service tech will be out tomorrow. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing. I appreciate your help.

Hi David, as I stated earlier, other than being trouble with icemaker, don't know what it could be without you and I getting into the problem, which would void the warranty. Have a good afternoon, and thanks.
Hi David, thanks again for letting me help you, it is appreciated.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here