Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my Kenmore front load washer will not start the time slot

my Kenmore front load washer will not start the time slot screen a message comes up that flashes and first shows a "dL" then a "F"

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, The dL/F is a door lock error. Do you have a model number so I can look this up ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I do not bought it is a Kenmore Elite Smartwash quiet pak 9

Does that help

Okay open the door and look on the inside where the door shuts up against, theres a tag with the model number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model 110 45087400

okay perfect. The door lock/latch assembly is your issue, Door or Lid Latch Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View this needs to be replaced. the dL stands for door lock. F is failure. you can order this at the following link. just click on that blue link to order. the lock has failed. heres anothet link that has a video to show you how to replace it. , thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You Bryan.. so guess I still will need to call a repair guy.. I was hoping to be able to fix it myself...Being a female I have no clue on how to do

Well watch the video and see if you think you can, its not really that hard and all you need is two small tools, thats up to you though. well wishes and thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to rate me 3 or above, its the only way I get credit for assisting you. thanks again, Bryan