Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have a Viking refrigerator. I replaced the filter, but I

I have a Viking refrigerator. I replaced the filter, but I can not get the water dispenser to work.
Also. it is making ice, but the cubes freeze together in the rear of the ice holder.
Thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model# XXXXX this fridge please for better assistance....Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

VCBF036RSS

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I will open this question back up to the other experts. I cannot find any information in my system on this unit. Thanks

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ok, nobody is picking up on the question, so I will try to continue on basic knowledge if that is ok. Normally ice cubes freezing together is the icemaker overfilling, the fill tube or fill cup splashing over into the bin, or something of that nature. Look for ice droplets, trails, ect for the water source. If cannot find any, watch the icemaker cycles one time, and look for water to drip during the water fill. One more thing is if the dispenser door flap is leaking air. But this will normally fuse ice toward the front of the ice bin, so I don't think this would be the problem, but information for you at best. The water dispenser problem will be one of a couple things normally. The water tube in the door is frozen, the water reservoir in the fridge is frozen, or the water valve is faulty. If you can find which hinge of the door the water tube enters, there may be a connecter for the water tube there. Disconnect it, and tap on the water dispenser lever. If water comes out, then the tube in the door is frozen. If no water, then the water reservoir in the fridge is frozen, or the valve is faulty. You can test the water tube from the valve in the same manner as the door to see if water comes from it, or not. This will tell you if water comes from the valve or not. If no water, replace valve, if you do get water, then the water reservoir would be the issue. I hope this information helps. If so, please give a great rating. If not, wait for more information from another expert, due to I cannot find any information on this model. thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck!
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try these things. If I have any further questions about these two issues do I have to pay another $30? Your info was helpful, I think, I just have to have time to try your suggestions.
Thank you,
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The money you paid to the site was for the question. You can respond back as much as you want at no additional charge. The rating is the experts number to stay one on this site. Thanks again.