Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

i have an kitchen aid bottom freezer w/ cheap ice maker. model#

i have an kitchen aid bottom freezer w/ cheap ice maker. model# ***** B F S 2 2 E W W S 7 . SO I REPLACED ICE MAKER AND IT STILL DOES'NT WORK. I BY PASSED WITH JUMPER AND IT WILL FILL BUT AFTER I REMOVE THE JUMPER IT DOESNT DROP ICE. IS THERE ANYTHING GOING
ON WITH THIS MODEL- IE... ICE MAKER
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your refrigerator. If the icemaker fills with water but never harvests the ice it sounds like the thermostat in the icemaker is not closing. The thermostat needs to close to get the icemaker to run. Using the jumper from T-H bypasses the thermostat so that it will force it to run. If the freezer temperature is warmer than 15F the icemaker will never run. The freezer should be within 5 degrees of zero F. Can you take a temperature reading between a few packages that have been in for 24 hours and let me know what you get? Thanks. Dave
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
got or it could be a defect in ice machine?
It looks like I only got part of your reply. It is possible to have a bad thermostat in an icemaker but they reliable as a rule. Most times it is too warm in the freezer and it makes ice very slowly or not at all. If the temperature is good then we have an icemaker problem. Make sure the metal swing arm is in the down position. Dave
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks
You are welcome. Let me know what you find. Dave