Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have an upright Electrolux freezer 2011 model the compressor

I have an upright Electrolux freezer 2011 model the compressor is running the fan is running but its not cooling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name is Rick

repairguy :

Will you please provide me with the model number for your freezer

Customer:

FFU17FC4CWO

repairguy :

Have you removed the cover off of the evaporator, so that you can see the coil

Customer:

YES

Customer:

ITS WARM AND THE FAN IS RUNNING

repairguy :

Can you see frost on the coils

Customer:

NO

repairguy :

but you are sure the compressor is running

Customer:

YES I MOVED IT AWAY FROM THE WALL AND PUT MY HAND ON IT I CAN FEEL IT

repairguy :

If you are not seeing any frost then your freezer has lost its freon, most of the time we find the leak in the evaporator. Do you still have the owners manual?

repairguy :

Most unit only have a one year full warranty, but some still have 5 year sealed system warranties

Customer:

NO

repairguy :

give me a second and I will see if I can locate one

Customer:

OK

Customer:

I AM THE SECOND OWNER DOES THAT MATTER ?

repairguy :

Your unit came with a 2nd through 5th year extended warranty. I would suggest calling a local authorized repair center and allow them to fix this for you. You may have to pay trip charge but that should be all.

Customer:

WHERE DO I FIND MY AUTH SERVICE CENTER INFO AT ?

Customer:

I AM IN TAMPA FL

repairguy : (NNN) NNN-NNNN This is the number for the customer care, I live in Missouri, but they can direct you in the right direction. If you do not have a copy of your reciept they will want to know your serial number so they can verify the unit should be under warranty. Also I wanted to point out they do have a food spoilage reimbursement of up to $100 for food loss in the first three years of ownership
Customer:

OK GREAT DID YOU CHECK MY SERIAL NUMBER ALREADY TO VERIFY MY WARRENTY ?

repairguy :

I can not do that I have no way, only Frigidaire can do that. Plus you only gave me the model number. If you say it is a 2011 model does the serial tag show a manufacture date?

Customer:

OK I WILL GET THE MODEL NUMBER FOR YOU . YES IT SHOWS 2011 AS THE YEAR ON THE TAG

repairguy :

As long as the tag show the manufacture date, they will cover their warranty. Just call customer service and they will direct you to a service center that will come out and repair this for you.

Customer:

OK THE TAG SAYS 11 03 AS THE DATE . I THINK THAT MIGHT BE A 2003 MODEL :(

repairguy :

If it is out of warranty any local repair shop can repair it for you, but I would suggest checking the price of a new one as sealed system repairs are quite expensive

Customer:

WHATS THE RANGE OF QUITE EXPENSIVE ?

repairguy :

My company charges 325 dollars labor to install a evaporator

Customer:

WOW AND THATS NOT COUNTING THE PART

Customer:

IS THIS SOMETING I CAN REPAIR I CAN FIX MOST THINGS ?

repairguy :

The solder required to braze is a silver solder, which requires the use to map gas or a oxy/actelene torch. Then you would have to buy some R134a freon, plus need gauges. It is really not the typical DIY repair

Customer:

YEAH PROB NOT . I HAVE DONE ALL THOSE THIS BUT NOT WELL HAHA OK THANKS . I THINK ITS TIME FOR A NEW ONE

repairguy :

Good luck to you. I know that is not the answer you wanted but before you leave will you please take a moment to rate my answers for you tonight

Customer:

YES THANKS

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.