Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag top loaded 7-cycle washing machine thats been

I have a Maytag top loaded 7-cycle washing machine that's been working great for the last 10 years. But now when it goes on the spin cycle the whole machine vibrates even though the clothes are evenly distributed. It seems this may be a simple matter of just replacing a worn belt... pull off the back panel to have a look?

Am I doing damage to the machine by continuing to use in this condition? (Otherwise washes/spins fine). Thanks--

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model# XXXXX XXXXX Thanks--

perfect thank you, XXXXX XXXXX damper pads are worn in this . these are what keep the tub from moving to much is spin. these are $24.00 at the following link. they come with instructions. its not a horrendous job but is a pain to replace them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello thanks so much. My 2nd question... if I keep using it before I replace these pads will I ruin the washer?

I'm sorry I was offline, If this is really banging around it could damage something else in the machine. I was also thinking you should probably change the belts in this also. it will run much better and spin the clothes better which will come out a lot more rung out and that will save not only money by wear and tear on your dryer. there are two belts, those are easy to change just tip the machine back and roll the old ones off and the new ones on.