Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I was trying to reverse the door hinge on the whirlpool duet

I was trying to reverse the door hinge on the whirlpool duet dryer and have completely dismantled the door and can't figure out how to put it back together again....

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name isXXXXX you have the hinge kit?

Customer:

I have everything- nothing is missing. the hinge is still atttached to the dryer.

Customer:

well... i reattached it to the other side.

Appliance Tech Dave :

So, you were able to reattach the hinge but not get it to attach to the dryer?

Customer:

hello?

Customer:

no- i took the entire door off the hinge, in order to get to the hinge i completely dismantled the dryer door. I have the white back with glass, 2 gray circles that go into the back of the dryer door, the silver front ring and the plastic window

Customer:

if I just had a picture of how the entire dryer door fits together i could easily put it back together- but i can't find any assembly pictures

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, I may need the model number because unless something changed you should only need to remove the 6 screws on the inside of the door to get to the hinge. What is the model number please?

Appliance Tech Dave :

I can get you a parts breakdown that should help and I can advise beter too with the correct model number.

Customer:

i did this without instructions-wed9450ww1

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, I will look for a link to better instructions for you but here is a link to the parts breakdown for now. Door parts

Appliance Tech Dave :

For some reason that model does not show the door reversal instructions. I attached the manual from a different model that should have about the same door. Let me know if you get stuck. Dryer manual

Appliance Tech Dave :

It is for a gas dryer but the door should be the same. Start on page 15. Dave

Appliance Tech Dave :

Do the instruction in the manual show you where you went wrong?

Customer:

thanks Tech Dave!

Thank you. I'm glad the instructions were what you needed. Dave