Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I was trying to reverse the door hinge on the whirlpool duet

Customer Question

I was trying to reverse the door hinge on the whirlpool duet dryer and have completely dismantled the door and can't figure out how to put it back together again....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name isXXXXX you have the hinge kit?

Customer:

I have everything- nothing is missing. the hinge is still atttached to the dryer.

Customer:

well... i reattached it to the other side.

Appliance Tech Dave :

So, you were able to reattach the hinge but not get it to attach to the dryer?

Customer:

hello?

Customer:

no- i took the entire door off the hinge, in order to get to the hinge i completely dismantled the dryer door. I have the white back with glass, 2 gray circles that go into the back of the dryer door, the silver front ring and the plastic window

Customer:

if I just had a picture of how the entire dryer door fits together i could easily put it back together- but i can't find any assembly pictures

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, I may need the model number because unless something changed you should only need to remove the 6 screws on the inside of the door to get to the hinge. What is the model number please?

Appliance Tech Dave :

I can get you a parts breakdown that should help and I can advise beter too with the correct model number.

Customer:

i did this without instructions-wed9450ww1

Appliance Tech Dave :

Okay, I will look for a link to better instructions for you but here is a link to the parts breakdown for now. Door parts

Appliance Tech Dave :

For some reason that model does not show the door reversal instructions. I attached the manual from a different model that should have about the same door. Let me know if you get stuck. Dryer manual

Appliance Tech Dave :

It is for a gas dryer but the door should be the same. Start on page 15. Dave

Appliance Tech Dave :

Do the instruction in the manual show you where you went wrong?

Customer:

thanks Tech Dave!

Experience: 30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
Thank you. I'm glad the instructions were what you needed. Dave