Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE model PFS22MIWABB stopped cooling. GE guy said its the

My GE model PFS22MIWABB stopped cooling. GE guy said its the main board and PTC relay which I ordered. I put the board in but the PTC relay I have, WR07X10086, doesn't look like anything I can see on the compresser. I pulled off what I thought was supposed to be the start relay but looks different. I think it's the overload with a run capacitor attached to it. I don't see where the PTC relay goes. Any help??

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is this the one you received ? Start Relay WR07X10086 Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that's the one
does yours look more like this one ? Start Device WR09X10106 Alternate Product ViewStart Device WR09X10106 Alternate Product Viewwith this piggybacked on it ? Run Capacitor WR62X80         Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, there are 2 parts attached by pushing them together on to 2 spade type connectors
okay they gave you a replacement part number but thats only good if you replace both the relay and the overload which you don't have.Overload WR08X10025      Main Product View your is all one piece. heres a link to order the original. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/WR09X10106/1091667?RCAID=1000065 much easier, you can just pull the capacitor off your and put it on the new one. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes. Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok but the one I have looks similar but not the same as the one in the pic. The capacitor looks the same but not the other half. The number on the part is 6749JJ8001A. It has 3 holes in back that push on compresser and the 2 on the other side where the capacitor goes and then 2 spades that go to blue and black wires from fridge. Is there maybe a different one?

yes actually there are hundreds of different ones unfortunately. does yours look more like this where the wires from the refrigerator plug in ? or is it more like this one ? Start Relay WR08X10036 Main Product ViewStart Relay WR08X10036 Main Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Closer to the one in the middle. The 2 male spades are directly above and below each other in the bottom right corner with "L" and "N" stamped next to them. Is that line and neutral . Any way I can send you a pic of it
In don't think the picture link is working, they are having issues. they have discontinued a lot of these relays but the one in the middle is still available and will work on yours as long as your wires will connect up to it. just line and neutral is all there is. do you think your plugs will plug into that middle one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both of the spades on mine are the same size. In the picture of the middle one I can only see one of the spades and it looks like the right size but I don't even see the other one. Can you see it any better? Does it look like the same size? And do you have a part number for it?
I would go with the white one I showed you with the two spades. color doesn't mater the are all different colors and the one at this link is the one I would use. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WR09X10105/0046/363&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=WR09X10105 believe me it will work fine. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The PTC relay I ordered and received shows up on every repair site I've seen and even GE shows the PTC relay but no overload. Do you know where the ptc relay is located? Is it inside the overload part we were discussing or is it just not on mine at all?
That white overload part we talked about looks like it has 2 different size spades on it and I don't think it will work. I can't find one with 2 same size spades to order. If I had to could I just put a different size connector on the end of the wire to match the bigger spade or would that be a bad idea?
Yes its inside the relay combo i had you order. its all one piece. you can see it on the back side photo. the white and black part on the top