Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I cant get my whirlpool oven to turn off.

I can't get my whirlpool oven to turn off.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..hi do you have a model number ?is it the oven that wont shut off? or top burner? thx

Customer:

Hi Randy, it is the oven, not the top burners. I know it's gas and a whirlpool brand, and it's at least 11 years old. I was able to turn the oven on using the touch pad,but then the touch pad "off" button wouldn't work to turn it off. I unplugged the power plug. I also shut off the gas to the stove, but I don't know if what I did is safe. I think the model is called Super Capacity 465.

Randy 43 :

the model is usually around the door frame or the storage drawer area or frame , so if you push cancel on the keypad it has no response ? thx

Customer:

Sf325speeq is the model number and yes, when I push off/cancel on the keypad it doesn't respond.

Randy 43 :

ok thx, that model has a glow ignitor ,so yes unplugging it will shut the gas off ,gas valve is electronically controlled so if it has no power the gas valve will shut off , as for the cancel button not responding that would require a new clock/board assembly ,when you touch the keypad it sends a signal to the relay to cut power ,if it is shorted the relay stays on continually..it would need the part below

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

around $250 for parts

Customer:

Ok. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it!

Customer:

I turned off the gas too. Is that okay?

Randy 43 :

ok,no problem ,good luck with everything ,

Randy 43 :

and yes that is ok

Randy 43 :

but it would be ok just unplugging

Customer:

Ok thank you!

Randy 43 :

good luck