Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Last weekend we had a new Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator

Last weekend we had a new Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator (model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
delivered and installed in our house. Since then, we will get an occasional odor of shrimp
or something similar emanating from around the refrigerator. The smell comes and goes. Otherwise, the refrigerator/freezer seems to be functioning normally. What could be the cause of this odor. It's very frustrating. HELP PLEASE.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

thats a weird thing, My guess would be its a dead mouas or something that got into the refrigerator somehwere underneath and is dead and when the fan underneath comes on you smell it. I would call right way and have the refrigerator either looked at or replaced. I would personaly have the refrigerator replace because they will either tell you they dont smell anything or wont be able to find the problem. my guess like I said is a small animal died somewhere under this.