Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Recently, I moved into a new home with all GE kitchen large

Customer Question

Recently, I moved into a new home with all GE kitchen large appliances. The dishwasher purchased in 2009 suddenly does not work. The model # XXXXX XXXXX For a month now I have pushed Normal wash and Start and it worked fine. One day I heard a "crackling"sound which seemed like it was coming from the door. The next time I did a wash, I pushed the Lock X 2 button in addition to the other two and it worked fine. The last time I again pushed all three but it will not work. I threw the circuit breaker twice but still no luck. What should I do?

Kathy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

kingmz :

Hello my name is Marcus,

Thank you for using JustAnswer service.

Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.

I am not there and will be asking specific questions, I need these answers in order to give you the best advice as possible.

The rating system is in place to rate the service of the expert, if you wish to get a refund or your deposit back, rating a 1 or 2 will not do that.

Expert help does NOT involve site issues, we will be on the same page if issues are occuring, please DON'T rate negative to the expert based on technical issues.

I will do everything I can to trouble shoot and go through possible solutions until we have resolved your issue, sometimes the answer may not be what you want it to be but it is the answer.

ALso, justanswer uses an honor system. I am using my experience and time to trouble shoot your issue. Experts don't get paid unless you rate them a 3 or 4, so if your issue is resolved please rate a 3 or 4.

Thank you.

could you open the door and look inside the dishwasher and find the model number.

Customer :

Yes, that number is XXXXX

kingmz :

DO you have power to the touch pad? Are all the buttons responsive?

Customer :

The green light goes on both the Normal Wash and Lock X 2 touch pads. Start button does not do anything.

kingmz :

Go across the entire front panel, press every button. Does every button light up? You said start does nothing, is the green light above the start button light up?

kingmz :

I apologize, I am having issues with the chat, I will opt out for another expert.

Customer :

When I looked at the entire panel, only the green light was on "lock # XXXXX" button. I pushed all buttons, green light did not come on any of them but green light came on "normal wash button" when I pushed Lock button. Lock button blinks 3 times then remains green.

Customer :

Now what?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, I see you still need help. I will pull up your tech sheets and be back shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Problem has not been fixed yet so of course, I still need help. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem. There is no response on the "Start" Button. What should I do?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry Kathy I got called away. I did look this up and the problem is not just pressing a few buttons to reset this, the main control has failed on this. Control Module WD21X10265 Main Product View the only way to fix your issue is to replace the control. its inside the door up in the control panel and is number 905 on this diagram. this is available at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WD21X10265/0022/363?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=WD21X10265 this will need to be ordered and replaced. to get to the control remove all the screws around the inside of the door and lift the inner door panel up. I'm sorry it took so long to respond. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When ordering the new part, do I need to put entire two line and written in blue address?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
just hover over the blue line and click it will automatically bring you right to the place to order it.