Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Fridgedaire electric range model FEF339FSC, 5 years

I have a Fridgedaire electric range model FEF339FSC, 5 years old. The oven stopped working, both oven and broiler elements at the same time. The cooktop elements work fine. There are not fault codes displayed. The clock and timer functions appear to work fine. I can hear the relay clicks that you usually hear when setting the oven temp, but there is no heat at all. The 220 voltage at the plug is good...110v at both legs. Both heating elements measure 10-20 ohms. The temp sensor measures between 1K-2K ohms. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..so you get 110 volts on each leg , do you get 220 volts between both legs ? red and black ?

Randy 43 :

top elements are electric? and work ok? if so main power is fine

Customer:

Yes, 220V between both legs. Yes, top elements are electric and work fine.

Randy 43 :

sensor is good , do you get 220 volts at the clock between L1 and L2?

Customer:

Can you hold while i check that?

Randy 43 :

sure thing

Customer:

L1 to L2 is 220V

Randy 43 :

but neither oven element heats? that would mean the clock relay is bad ,everything else checks out ,it can only be the clock ,around $100

Randy 43 :

Oven Control BoardNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 : Oven Control BoardNNN-NN-NNNN

RepairClinic Item #1194732 (OEM Part)

$100.65

Clock/timer, electronic

Manufacturer NumberNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

More
Customer:

right, neither even elements heat

Customer:

i meant to type "oven"

Randy 43 :

yea the clock supplies power to both oven elements ,and it isnt likely that both elements went out at the same time

Customer:

So that is the entire electronic module held on by 4 screws, looks easy enough to replace

Randy 43 :

it is only getting 110 volts on one side to each element

Randy 43 :

easy to change ,4 screws

Customer:

I don't understand what you meant when you said "only getting 110 volts on one side to each element".

Randy 43 :

when it is on bake and you check with your meter from each terminal to ground on the frame you will get 110 volts but not the 220 it reqs to heat anything

Randy 43 :

the clock has a bake and broil relay supplying 110 volts and the main relay supplies the other leg

Randy 43 :

you have checked and confirmed everything and it all checks out ,can only be the clock

Customer:

oh, ok. Bake and broil elements receive supply voltage from same relay?

Randy 43 :

on one side yes, then the other side has its own relay ,on the clock it has BA and BR ,that is the other side

Customer:

I assume I can order this part from where ever I choose? Any advice about that?

Randy 43 :

yes anywhere you want ,doesnt have to be repairclinic.com

Randy 43 :

that is who i deal with only

Customer:

Most sources will be at about the same price?

Randy 43 :

itll be in the same vicinity , $100 for a clock is a good price , you may find it a bit cheaper if you look around

Customer:

One last question just to confirm...when you say i can check voltage when it is on bake from frame ground to each terminal...how are those terminals labeled?

Randy 43 :

just the terminal on the bake element from the back to a ground screw or the frame with the other probe from your meter

Customer:

ok

Randy 43 :

between both terminals you should have 220 ,each terminal to ground will read 120 v ,but you are not getting the 220 across both terminals ,hence no heat

Customer:

thank you for your expertise. I am going to order the part so we can have an oven again!!

Randy 43 :

no problem , good luck ,any problems let me know

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be happy to confirm the deposit that i made

Randy 43 :

thx

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert