The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Kenmore side by side is very hot to touch between the doors.

Kenmore side by side is very hot to touch between the doors. Freezer not keeping things frozen.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Thank you for trusting us to answer your question and placeing your good faith deposit in your personal account here at justanswer. I intend to honor that good faith and provide you with the correct answer to your question. Once I have provided your answer I only ask that you honor your promise to transfer a portion of that deposit to my account by selecting a positive rating.
Please, understand that the final outcome of our conversation may not make you happy, fix your problem, or say what you want it to. I am sorry, but that is just how it goes sometimes. I help people with questions. I do not perform magic. I hope this is not the case, but this does not negate your promise to pay for the correct answer to your question.
Thank you for understanding.
You have what is called a Yoder loop. It is designed to warm up the partition between the freezer and refrigerator sections. This is designed to help keep the moisture down in the unit from opening the doors.
If it is getting excessivly warm then you have a low refrigerant condition or a blockage in the system.
Unfortunately this is not something that you can fix yourself. It will require a licensed person to handle refrigerants.
Sorry for the bad news. I wish it could be better.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX spare fridge so I am not panicking about it. By blockage, do you mean in the refrigerant lines? Or something I can look for.

regards,

gary

Yes, Gary. The blockage will be in the lines. Sorry, but that is not something that you can do yourself.

One thing you can check is thaty the condenser coils are clean and no plugged with dirt, or dust. If they are use a vacuum to clean the coils and then let it sit for 24 hours and see if the Yoder loop cools off.

Other than thast a call to your local refrigeration company will be needed.

Best, Smitty

How to rate your expert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll check that out. Thanks.

You are welcome. =)