The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My LG WM2250C is in "Suds Lock." The washer will not power

My LG WM2250C is in "Suds Lock." The washer will not power up when the power button is pressed. This has happened before. Too much detergent was used and the machine when into Suds Lock according to the repairman sent out by LG. The washer is 3 months old. The repairman showed me how to press a combination of buttons to cause the machine to power up so that the rinse cycle could be run enough times to empty the excess detergent/suds. I need to know how to perform this repair.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Here is the procedure.

First unplug the unit for at least 30 seconds.

1. Press the SPIN SPEED and SOIL LEVEL buttons simultaneously.

2. Press the Power button, while the above condition. Then buzzer will sound twice.

3. Press the pause start button 11 times to activate the drain pump.

4. Press the pause start button once more to exit the test mode.

Your unit should be fine after you clear it.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Smitty,

I am unable to enter test mode. Unit has been unplugged for 30 plus seconds, spin and soil buttons depressed simultaneously and held while power button was depressed. No buzzer. I tried different combinations time with buttons depressed. Machine was unplugged after each attempt.

Is the unit empty at this point or is there still water in it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I assume that it is empty. As far as I know it did not shut off mid cycle. There is no visible water in the drum.

Thank you.

Unfortunately if the unit will not respond to basic inputs at the diagnoistivc levels then the main control board is bad and will just need to be replaced.

Sorry for the bad news. I wish it could be better.

Best, Smitty

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible that I am not holding, pushing the buttons for the correct time period? How long should I push and hold spin and soil buttons before pressing power button? Should all three be pressed at the same time? How long should I need to hold all three buttons? Are all three buttons supposed to be held at one time provided the spin and soil are depressed first?

5 seconds should be plenty of time. If it doesnt work then the board will need to be replaced.

Sorry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to be a pain but I want to be certain I am doing this correctly. Push and hold Spin and Soil buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. While still depressing the spin and soil buttons press and hold the power button. Should all three be depressed at the same time? If so, how long should I hold the power button? Or should I only press the power button once to activate the test cycle?

No pain at all. Just press and release the button is all that is needed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After pushing and holding Spin and Soil buttons at the same time for 5 seconds do I continue to hold those buttons while pushing the power button?

Yes.

Press spin and soil buttons. DO NOT release them.

Hold for 5 seconds.

Press and release the start button.

Release spin and soil buttons.

Beeper should sound.

If it doesnt and nothing happens the control board is toast.