Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

I have a Samsung RB2055SW refrigerator which stops cooling.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RB2055SW refrigerator which stops cooling. After I unplug-replug AC socket in wall, it cools to -2 for freezer and 36 for fridge, then does not come back on. I replaced control board which seemed to work for a couple of days, then started same problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Do you hear any clicking when the unit should be starting up again, or nothing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing at all

Okay. Lets see if there are any error codes stord in the systems memory.

Please press Power Freeze and Power Cool buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds

until you hear an audible tone.

If there is an error stored it will show as a segment of the digital displays. Let me know what segmants are lit and we can go from there. e.g; top right, bottom, center, lower left, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

freeze is 00 and fridge is 0

Are you saying that all of the segments are lit up to display 00 and 0?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's all.... have to go to the church now, will check when we return

Ok I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Smithy are you there? Garry re: Samsung Refrigerator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By the way, there is only one display for freezer and one for fridge... both on bottom of fridge door

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Not Smithy's fault... while chatting, we had to go to the church, when we returned tried to contact someone there... no luck, so far
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. Do you have exchange info between me and Smithy?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Is the unit cooling right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, because I unplugged it, waited a coup[le of minutes, then plugged it back in. Temps read 18 for the freezer and 45 for the fridge. Then, as usual cools back to -2 and 36 then stops and doesn't restart

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Did you replace the control board on the door, or the control board by the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By the compressor

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Is anything running when you find it not cooling anymore?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. interior lights arte on and display shows temps. compressor and fan not runnung

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that answers the problem for me. You will need to replace the sensors on both coils. The unit is going into defrost, and not coming out of it. This is why the unit cools until defrost cycle is called for, then stays in defrost......seeming like it quit. Refer to this sears site to refer for the sensors.. Make sure you get both sensors for each cooling coil. These will be located on the freezer and refrigerator compartment diagrams.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Samsung-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-RB2055SWXAA/1482/0161000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=RB2055SW/XAA

If I have been able to assist you, please give a good rating. If not respond back for more information....Thank you

Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: 15yrs experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, will try... hope it works. Thanks

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I think this will get you going again. Please do not forget the rating, it is important for my numbers...thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Smithy.... we are back, are you there? By the way, there is one
display for freezer and one for fridge at bottom of fridge door above
freezer door.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Smithy should return your post when he sees it, I am not sure if he is online right....Thanks