Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Hello, I have a jennair svd48600 and I am replacing the fan

Hello, I have a jennair svd48600 and I am replacing the fan rocker switch (there are three wires that go into the top, middle, and bottom of the switch). Do you know the order for the colors of the wires? The options are brown, white, and orange. Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..im just trying to find some info, do you have numbers on the terminals of the fan switch ,imprinted on the plastic body?

Customer:

1 second please...

Customer:

the make is mpl and the part number was(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhen I ordered it

Customer:

WPL is the make sorry

Customer:

it says: CARLINGSWITCH, next line: 16A. 125 V.A.C., next line: 10A. 250 V.A.C, next line: 1 2 3

Randy 43 :

looks like white in the middle , orange is the low speed ,brown is the high speed ,,so when the switch is mounted orange on the bottom ,white in the middle and brown on top

Customer:

does it matter if 1 or 3 is downright or upright?

Customer:

also, are you pretty confident in that / where did you get that info? what happens if it isn't correct when I turn the power back on? is it fairly safe?

Randy 43 :

not really , usually when you press upwards ,it is a higher speed ,pushing down is a lower speed ..that is the way most manufacturers make it work

Randy 43 :

im getting that from the whirlpool tech site wiring diagram for your model

Customer:

ok I will try it - thanks!

Randy 43 :

there are three terminals , orange and brown are the outside terminals ,white is the middle

Customer:

thanks - works well. I believe we needed to swap the orange and brown for high / low.

Randy 43 :

great ,glad to hear

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.