Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am working on a family whirlpool top load washer mod WTW8240YWG

I am working on a family whirlpool top load washer mod WTW8240YWG purchased 1 yr + the unit was installed directly under a drain that backed up and flooded the unit. I found the control board fried and removed all visible water. Replaced the controller with the exact replacement. Also, inspected the interface for any visible damage. When I installed the new board and plugged it in I immediately received a beeping signal but no lights on the front panel. Can you help

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this the board you replaced ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay and I gather the whole top control area got wet ? that mean the control interface was also damaged by the water. Most likely shorted out the keys. How long has this been since this happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2 days, I also placed a fan on the open control top to dry and also pulled the interface and utilized a hair dryer on the Interface board.

Okay that was the next thing I was going to tell you to try (hair dryer) sometimes that works. How much water flooded the room ? was it enough to get the motor underneath wet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a puddle. I don't think it was enough to hit the motor . I check and no signs of water in the bottom portions of the unit. Also, the interface is tucked up and well protected . The water appears to enter the control area via a 1" shield with a wire bundle to the control board. Also, the area where the water solenoids' was flooded. the unit was running when this happened.

okay obviously if this was running it did other damage even if the water did get to the interface. It doesnt take much to short that out. especially if this was running. I beleive the interface is shorted out. thats about $93.00 to replace.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'll order the interface. My supplier is also sending me a replacement controller . Thanks for the advice. You know it's a crap shoot when dealing with computerized units

Thanks again.

thats for sure ! it is a crap shoot and if you can get the control on you can even really test anything, good luck and well wishes, Bryan