Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Hi, My Kenmore 970-c4919200 keeps water. What should I do?

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you mean it will not drain? and is there a different model ,it is close but there is maybe a number missing ,it should be 3 numbers then a dot then some more numbers

Customer:

Hello Randy,

Customer:

This is the right number. I suppose that it drains but not completely

Customer:

970-c4919200

Customer:

It is 3 numbers first

Randy 43 :

ok got it , give me a few minutes, not draining correct?

Randy 43 :

ok ,if it is not draining or slow to drain , the first place to check is the drain pump for any blockages ,there is a access panel on the front ,remove 2 screws and this panel comes off

Randy 43 :

Front Panel - Part # XXXXX Mfg Part #NNN-NN-NNNN width=
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

you will see the drain pump

Randy 43 :

Drain PumpNNN-NN-NNNN      Alternate Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

you remove the drain hose and tub to pump hose ,there will be water ,unless you can pinch off a hose or shop vac the water out ,have a bunch of towels ready if you have neither

Randy 43 :

you can split the drain pump there are the screws that hold the two pieces together as on the picture ,look for any blockages that may impede the impeller

Randy 43 :

there is a o ring gasket in between those two pieces that seal the pump ,make sure you dont lose that

Customer:

I didn't find the access panel

Randy 43 :

right on the bottom of the front door just a quarter panel with 2 screws on the very bottom

Randy 43 :

of the front of the machine

Customer:

you probably have the wrong model as I don't see any separate panel

Randy 43 :

that is what comes up on your model number , if you have the full front panel ,it is a harder access ..it reqs the top to come off then the control panel then the whole front comes off , you can also get limited access from the rear access panel ,not much and it is pretty tight to get your arms in there

Randy 43 :

so your front panel is smooth all the way down ?

Customer:

I have a full front panel going from up the door until the floor

Randy 43 :

ok that makes things a lot harder unfortunately , like i mentioned previously ,the top and whole front comes off ,the spring from the boot ,door latch , you can try the rear access panel ,it is a bit tight , but if it doesnt drain or drains slowly it is almost always something in the drain pump causing the issue

Customer:

I cannot do that! What do you suggest?

Randy 43 :

that is going to be the issue ,it is what it is ,sorry ..i can just help diagnose the issue ,if it isnt in your skill set ..there isnt any thing i can say to make to repair easier ,sorry

Customer:

thank you for your time. Would I be reimbursed?

Randy 43 :

this site helps to diagnose any issues ,we dont know the customers ability or promise that the repair is within those abilities ..we cant make the repair easier or promise to do so ..

Randy 43 :

you would need to take that up with the administration ,you asked for possible solutions to the issue and the drain pump is a viable solution ,most likely the cause

Customer:

I understand, but please tell me does it worth it to bring a technician? I bought it in 2010...

Randy 43 :

if you are uncomfortable with the procedure then yes i would get a technician ..about $150 approx

Customer:

Hello Again,

Customer:

I realized that the spin doesn't function, is it an expensive repair?

Randy 43 :

it is about $150 if something stuck in the drain pump, which there most likey is ,that wouldnt require any parts , but yes, it will not spin unless it can extract all the water ,it is related to the not draining issue

good luck with that , any problems let me know ,thx Randy