Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a GE microwave, model # XXXXX 1860BH 04 (manu. date 3/06).

I have a GE microwave, model # XXXXX 1860BH 04 (manu. date 3/06). When I press start the screen reads "pause" and the microwave will not run. The turntable will not turn either. I'm trying to decide if I should get it repaired or purchase a new one.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you tonight

repairguy :

It sounds as though the switches have come out of alignment or a switch has gone bad

repairguy :

This is typically not a high expensive repair, and with the unit only being a 06 only half of its life has been used, most appliances should last 12 to 15 years

Customer:

Do you have a listing of available service locations in my area (17545) where I could take the unit?

repairguy :

Im sorry I do not have any contacts in the area. GE will come to your home and service it for you, all you need to do schedule it at www.geappliances.com

Customer:

OK, thanks.