Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

the light on bottom front of model ffu20fc6awo comml frost

the light on bottom front of model ffu20fc6awo comm'l frost free freezer--which is labeled "temperature warning" is lit---i unfroze the drain trough inside---but ithe light is still on---what to do about it??
'Is any body reading this?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

How long has this been closed and running since you defrosted the drain ? is the fan inside running ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been running more than half an hour since i freed up the drain hole. The fan appears to be running.

Okay don't panic, when you open these and clear the drain they warm up. 1/2 hour is not long enough for this to stabilize the temp. as soon as the temp stabilizes the light will go off. How long did you have this open clearing the drain ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It took about half an hour to break the ice on the floor and to melt the trough ice with a heat gun.

okay give this a couple of hours and it will come down in temp and the light will go off. these can sometimes take up to 24 hours to stabilize from a complete warn state but if this was only 1/2 hour it shouldn't take to long at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Cant stay on line any longer. May try to reconnect tomoorow night or sSunday AM. Milt

Sure just let me know if you need more help, hopefully the lights off by now and this is running correctly, let me know, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I could not stay on the internet to await your answer Friday evening. We had decided to wait it out after frantically removing all the food from the freezer and trying to keep it from spoiling in the above 90 degrees we've been experiencing here in NY. Your answer turns out to have been correct because the warning light did go out the next day and all seems OK. You certainly get A for yur efforts, though we had some anxious hours till that light went out. Thanks. Milt

thats good news, I'm glad I was able to help. thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above its the only way I get credit for helping you, have a great day , thanks, Bryan
Hello, This is a courtesy follow up, All of us at Just Answer hope your experience was a positive one ! Just Answer prides itself on doing it's very best to help our customer's resolve their problems. If your expert has helped you and your satisfied please don't forget that the expert is working for you and only gets paid if you rate them 3 or above on our rating scale. Rating the expert does not close the question and they are always available for follow ups at no additional charge ! If you feel your expert has done all he or she could to resolve your problem then please remember to rate them, This is as important to them as it is to you , Showing good faith by rating them also makes other experts want to help you in the future no matter what the category. Thank you and we hope you will continue to let us help you in the future. It has been our pleasure.