Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE dryer model number gler1042f50 was running when we had

My GE dryer model number gler1042f50 was running when we had a power surge.. Dryer stpped during surge now does nothing.. Only makes the ticking noise when dail is set on timer side.. Does when put to anyother setting no noise... My dryer light has not worked in years so I am not sure if it is still getting power.. I unplugged and plugged back in.. and flipped the breakers on out side power pole and inside breaker box... Is it the thermal fuse???Control panel??? HELP!!!!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Yes there is a thermal fuse in this unit, 90 % of the time this is the issue with your symptoms. this is mounted on the back wall inside the dryer. number 36 on this diagram. you can order this at the following link. its $7.60 , check it for continuity (see video at that link) and if it has none replace.