Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Samsung Washer (only 17 months old!) that just stopped

I have a Samsung Washer (only 17 months old!) that just stopped working with an FL error - "Washer Failed to lock the door" - and the door is most definitely not closing securely. I have called several repair people in my area (mountains of Colorado) and no one works on Samsung! They say they cannot get parts! And I was told that basically my washer is for the junk heap and I need to get a new one. I can't believe that! So here I am attempting to do this on my own. I did find a door lock part on the Samsung website. Is this what I need? Part#DC64-00519B. Please note: The specific door lock part for WF431ABWXAA4 is not available!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, First off let me start by saying the original part number (door latch assembly) is DC97-16899A is that the number you say isn't available ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry - I typed the wrong number. DC64-00519B is the number that I find on the Samsung site that is available. DC97-16899A is "not available" from the searches I have made.

Actually Sears has the original DC97-16899A in stock at the following link. I would replace yours with the original.