Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our whirlpool washer, model LSW9700PQ2 is making a noise during

Our whirlpool washer, model LSW9700PQ2 is making a noise during the spin cycle that sounds like a rusty spring. The load is balanced, the spin cycle works, but the noise is unusual, like a fast 'clank' that starts loud and then gets softer. Your thoughts, please?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

give me a few minutes to get the info up, be back shortly.

on these they have a clutch assembly that makes a clang noise when they disengage the brake. Its either a problem with the clutch itself (above ) or the brake assembly. heres a link to the parts. the link for the brake assembly has a video to show you how to take it apart. once you have the transmission out to get to the clutch the brake is right above it. whichever part you need you can order at that link. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 When I click on the link for the brake assembly, I don't see a link for the install video. Can you resend the link?

2 Please rate the degree of difficulty for this repair. I'm good with 'nuts and bolts,' but not so good with adjustments.

3 Is there an on-line parts store you recommend?