Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher M# XXXXX S#11496194QU and

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher M# XXXXX S#11496194QU and the machine is not emptying the water. When I open the door there is blue water standing in the bottom (with the dishwasher soap). Can anyone give me directions to repair this myself. Last time Mr. Fixit (Mike) profile apptech_442 helped me with my washing machine problem and I was very happy with his help...are you out there Mike?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning . I sent Mike a PM for you he will pick this up shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi this is mike, are there any lights blinking on the control panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No they do not look like they are blinking. When it first happened it didn't sound like anything was happening like in a normal wash cycle. I got it to run correctly and thought initially that I may not have closed or turned it to the correct position. After it has happened again, I contacted you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
But you do see lights lit on the control, it does not appear to be dead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The lights will turn red as is customary with normal operation.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you give me a minute to look the model number up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem thank you.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok well there will be a blockage in the system, You will need to take the panel off under the door then check the corrugated pipe thats runs from the dishwasher to the sink, clear anything you may find.

If the drain line is clear then the blockage is in the sump (where the water sits) you would need to remove the lower spray arm then the filter and check inside the sump.

There is also a solenoid that switches the machine from wash to drain, If you set the machine to drain and the solenoid does not clunk then the solenoid is bad.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you send the schematic that you are looking at to me so I can relate the information I find to you better. I am removing the lower door now and will you stay on the line while I attempt to accomplish the above task?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The schematic you requested is below.

graphic

Ill be here all day :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the schematic. We were disconnected on line. Which number on the schematic is the selinoid?

Have removed three screws that hold down the unit below the spray arm. Cannot remove spray arm. How do you remove the spray arm? The arm is preventing me from removing the piece below.

We got the spray arm off. I removed the cowling beneath the spray arm. What is the next step?

I have removed parts #33, #42, #40, #41 and #44.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The solenoid is part 5, when the machine hits the drain cycle this should go clunk and you should see the solenoid move the arm.

You will need to get down as far as part 32 the sump, i would put the machine in the drain cycle first then check the solenoid does it's job first.

No point in pulling the machine apart if the solenoid is bad :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried several times to respond and am having troubles getting the email to go thru. I appreciate the time you spent helping us repair our dishwasher. I appreciate the easiest things first to fix it method. I was thankful for the schematic that you sent me so we could discuss the repairs easier. I was thankful that you responded to me by email since our initial connection was lost. I know it was a long process...but with your help and patience we were able to complete the repair to my satisfaction. I have used this service before and have been happy with the outcome. There is nothing that replaces experience and I appreciate your ability to guide a novice thru the process. I do not know if this will satisfy your appraisal rating, but I have been unable to get to that screen. I am satisfied with the outcome and Thank you many times for your help.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the kind words, I am sorry you had so much trouble.