Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Whirlpool electric range model RF385PXY has a top burner

My Whirlpool electric range model RF385PXY has a top burner on-light problem. The light stays illuminated when both burners are turned off. Just for the left side burners. What is the issue? How to fix? Can leave it, or is it a safety issue that must be fixed?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

There is no safety issue if it is left, The problem is the infinite switch for that burner has shorted causing the light to stay on, the switch will continue to work as normal the led will just burn out quicker then it normally would. To fix the problem replace the burner switches for the lights that are on.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Very good answer. I would rate it excellent if you had also alerted me to safety problem of light always being on. Since there are two switches and only one light, I guess then just one of the switches has shorted.

As mentioned there is no safety issue other the the led burning out quickly