Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

the digital display shows OF for both freezer temp and refrigerator.

the digital display shows OF for both freezer temp and refrigerator. I unplugged and the plugged back in. when attempting to set temps, it reverts back to OF. everything is starting to thaw
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

The refrigerator may be in demo mode, which will disable the compressor in order to save electricity for when the refrigerator is on the showroom floor. Press Power Freeze and Energy Saver buttons for 8 seconds to cancel this mode. You will hear a chime.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing happened, never heard the chime. still shows OF

You have to press them at the same time power freeze and energy saver
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did press them at the same time, then tried separately, then again at same time

If it will not go out off demo mode the main control board is defective. you would need to replace the board behind the unit next to the compressor to get it fixed