Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

(APPLIANCE DOC ONLY) Someone told me that if you suspect a

(APPLIANCE DOC ONLY) Someone told me that if you suspect a bad timer (the machine filled but stopped and didn't agitate or work on the other cycles) that rather than fool with trying to test the Timer to see if it was getting power to the motor. How do you do that if you're taking the cabinet off and disconnecting stuff like the lid switch, etc?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Your symptoms are not a bad timer on this model, you have a bad lid switch. There is a lid switch is located in the back left corner and the metal bar that comes from the left door hinge will often times bend. Bend this back up to start and make sure it makes good contact with the switch. If you still have problems, replace the lid switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow, that's a new one. So the lid switch could test out okay on the multitester, but because the mechanical part is bent the machine doesn't know the lid is closed, right?

correct. It bends down and wont push up enough on that switch over time.