The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Aloha - I have a Fisher Paykel dishwasher and it is also flashing

Aloha - I have a Fisher Paykel dishwasher and it is also flashing F1 in both drawers but there is no water to be found in either drawer. Do I need to replace the filter board or control board?

Thanks for your time! Jamie

Hi, Jamie. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Thank you for trusting us to answer your question and placeing your good faith deposit in your personal account here at justanswer. I intend to honor that good faith and provide you with the correct answer to your question. Once I have provided your answer I only ask that you honor your promise to transfer a portion of that deposit to my account by selecting a positive rating.
Please, understand that the final outcome of our conversation may not make you happy, fix your problem, or say what you want it to. I am sorry, but that is just how it goes sometimes. I help people with questions. I do not perform magic. I hope this is not the case, but this does not negate your promise to pay for the correct answer to your question.
Thank you for understanding.

The problerm is not water in the drawers, but water in the catch tray under the drawers.

Pull the bottom drawer out, and on the left hand side is the drawer release. Press it and remove the drawer.

There is a catch tray under it that will have water in it. Clean up the water and allow it to dry for about an hour. That should allow the sensor to reset and you can use your unit.

Mind you the errror may return. If it does then you will need to determine what is leaking. Usually it is a drawer seal, but it may have just been a utinsel that got between the top and the drawer and it leaked.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did check for water (mentioned in my first question)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I mentioned in my first question that there was "no water" in the dishwasher and the answer I got was "clean out the water"
Hello my name is Rick, and I will assist you. I have read the other notes but failed to pick up if this is a double or single unit. Also if it is a double then are both drawers flashing F1? I know this sounds silly but I do a lot of work for Fisher Paykel, and will be able to help you get a answer once you answer these questions for me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply Rick - yes it does have 2 drawers and they both are flashing F1 and sound like they are draining?

The filter board under the bottom drawer is the board controlling that. You said there is no water but there may be some damage underneath the board. Turn off power and remove board. If you find corossin try and clean then retest. Most likely you will need a new board. Would you like me to get that for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aloha Rick - thanks for your answer. I will check the filter board this afternoon when I get home. What is my cost for a filter board? I'm in Hawaii so please include an approx. shipping cost.

I just thought of it while I was looking up your part. I never asked what the model number is. Please give that to me that way I can get the correct part.
I never heard back from you so I could locate your part for you. Are you still in search of more help?