The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

The display on front load washer is missing last digit and

The display on front load washer is missing last digit and none of the buttons work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The model number you provided is coming back as a cook top.

Please check it again. The number is XXXXX the manufacturers label just behind the door.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
GCVH6400J0WW. I think they are zero maybe o?

Okay, Elden. Lets try to put the unit into diagnostics mode.

This will tell us if the control board is toast or if it is another problem.

Please unplug the unit, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, and within thirty seconds performn the following "key dance".

Press Signal-Delay-Signal-Delay

The unit should display t-01 in the display. Please let me know if it does or not.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I already tried that it will not go into the diagnostics

Elden, that is the base function of the control board. If it will not go into diagnostics then the board is shot and will need to be replaced.

Sorry for the bad news but there is no other option if it wont go into diagnostics.

Before you order the new board be sure that all wires are connected and not loose. You may have knocked one loose and this is causing the control board malfunction. Unfortunately it has been my experience that this is not the case. Your board just decided that it was going to join the dampners and go bad.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.

Please, understand that the final outcome of our conversation may not make you happy, fix your problem, or say what you want it to. I am sorry, but that is just how it goes sometimes. I help people with questions. I do not perform magic. I hope this is not the case, but this does not negate your promise to pay for the correct answer to your question.
Thank you for understanding, and the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances