Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Kithenaid dual fuel double oven range. Model KDRS505XSS.

I have a Kithenaid dual fuel double oven range. Model KDRS505XSS. While using the top oven broiler, it automatically shut off and now show the message "feature not available" when trying to use the upper oven. What is wrong and/or fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..how old is the range ? and it only happens on broil only?

Randy 43 :

do you have the last 2 numbers of the model number?

Customer:

The range is 18 months old. The model number is XXXXX

Randy 43 :

there will be 2 more numbers after the SS do you have those?

Customer:

No, are they located on the range? If so where?

Randy 43 :

usually around the storage drawer area or around the door frame

Customer:

Found it, it is 01

Randy 43 :

Ok Thx , Ive run across this same situation 2 times in the past ,it has required the main control board , the board does not recognize the command and brings up that phrase , it will need a new control board , but i looked up the warranty for that model and it looks like all solid state control are covered up to 5 years , so contact the local whirlpool repair and it should be covered for the part ,which is $325 ..here is a copy of your warranty

Randy 43 :

ginal purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
SECOND THROUGH FIFTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON CERTAIN COMPONENT PARTS
In the second through fifth years from the date of purchase, when this appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions
attached to or furnished with the product, KitchenAid will pay for Factory Specified Parts for the following components if defective in
materials or workmanship:
SECOND THROUGH TENTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON STEAM-ASSIST OVEN CAVITY AND DOORS
In the second through tenth years from date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to
instructions attached to or furnished with the product, KitchenAid will pay for Factory Specified Parts for the porcelain oven cavity/inner
door if the part rusts through due to defects in materials or workmanship.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or
repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty
coverage.
3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a manner that is
contrary to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in
accordance with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of consumables or cleaning products not approved by KitchenAid.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage
results from defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to KitchenAid within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be
repaired in the home and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.
7. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
8. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an
authorized KitchenAid servicer is not available.
9. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance
with published installation instructions.
10. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty
is void if the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED
HEREIN. IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. KITCHENAID SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION
OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES
YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE
TO PROVINCE.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized KitchenAid dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
If you need service, first see the “Troubleshooting” section of the Use & Care Guide. After checking “Troubleshooting,” you may find
additional help by checking the “Assistance or Service” section or by calling KitchenAid. In the U.S.A., call 1-800-422-1230. In Canada,
call 1-800-807-6777. 9/07
■ Electric element
■ Gas burners
■ Solid state touch control system parts

Randy 43 :

solid state controls are in the 2-5 year warranty

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX contact a local service company.

Randy 43 :

ok good luck

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert