Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirplool Duet Sport front loading washer that is

I have a Whirplool Duet Sport front loading washer that is 6 years old. In the last few months it would ocassionaly not complete the wash cycle. There is still soap left on the clothes and some water in the tub. It now will only complete the wash cycle when there is a heavy (as in weight, not amount of clothes or cylec type) load. It will start the final rinse spin, then beep two times and completely shut off. There are no codes and no lights lit on the control panel. I have had a repair technician out and he could not get it to recall any codes. He also called Whirpool and the only answer they could come up with is to make sure the machine is at least half full of clothes. Any suggestions on what the problem is? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the problem with no error codes coming up is that it's impossible to know for certain which part has failed. That being said, it sounds like your motor control board is beginning to fail and would need to be replaced. The motor control board is the part responsible for running the washer through the spin cycle and it's actually the part that tells the washer when to turn off because it's done. If a sensor like the tachometer built into the motor was bad and it thought that it couldn't balance the load, it would actually keep trying to spin for about 45 minutes going back and forth trying to balance the load and really extending out the last 10 minutes of the cycle. That being said, I would replace the motor control board which is mounted to the floor below the tub. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would this be the reason that it shows 2 minutes left and in reality takes 5 minutes?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

that's not that big of a discrepancy In fact, that happens normally even when everything is functioning correctly. What I'm talking about is 50 minutes when it should take 10. If you watch the timer, you'd see that it actually sticks on quite a few different numbers through the cycle depending on what the water temperature is and such. That time is just an estimated time.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.