Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

Type your question here. I have a Jenn-Air Gas burner and

Type your question here.
I have a Jenn-Air Gas burner and Electric oven model SVD48600P. Neither element works in the oven. all other power is functioning. Oven tries to function can hear the switch trigger to heat but temperature never goes above 100deg. Is there a breaker or something else which provides current to the elements only?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Parts replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Your oven top and clock run on 120 volts. But the oven elements operate on 230-240 volts.
If you have lost the 240 volts to the appliance itself, you will have no heat on both elements both everything else will work fine. Since you stated you had a power outage, you may have a bad breaker at your breaker box and is only allowing one leg of power. If you have an volt meter you can check the power coming to the range. If the 240 volt is there, i would say you have a bad control module part# XXXXX which shows no longer available by the manufacture. Please let me know what you find out on the power supply.
Thank you
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX verify the power at the stove. Is there any other thing I can check which would indicate that the control module is defective? As I stated you can tell that the controller is attempting to cycle the elements on but there appears to be no power to the elements to cause them to heat up. Is there any type of internal breaker in the oven? or is it strictly controlled by the control module?

No internal breaker on the oven would cause the elements only work or heat up to 100.
So you have either a breaker on the home, or a control issue. Hope this helps!
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech