Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE profile PFSS6kws and it suddenly stopped cooling

I have a GE profile PFSS6kws and it suddenly stopped cooling in the refrigerator and freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Any clicking or buzzing heard? Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any frost on the back of the freezer wall or hear a fan running.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you hear the compressor running in the back of the unit? Are the lights on inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the lights and compressor are on

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the compressor is running but neither section is cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is not good. If the compressor is running but it is not cooling, you have a sealed system issue. These types of repairs require specialized skills and equipment and federal licensing to work with refrigerant. If less than five years old, it is likely still under sealed system warranty. I believe you are going to require professional service.

I understand this is not the best news, but it is correct according to the symptoms you have described to me. Please rate according to the quality of information rather than the severity of the problem.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!