Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator Model #KSRP25FNSS00,

I have a Kitchenaid side by side refrigerator Model #KSRP25FNSS00, serial #ss1528335
Manufactured 4/05 that has a water dispencer that will not shut off. I can hear the on off switch working but the water will not shut off. I have received NO help from the people that sold me the frig new, all they say is to call the manufacturer who will not talk to anyone except a certified repairman. I have had a local repairman in to look at it and he says it is in the electronics and there are 2 computers that are very expencive and he will not make the repair. What to do ?? or who to call??

Thanks ....Bill
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Bill can you tell me if the water dispenser shuts off when you pull the plug to the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike.....sorry I am not at home. I can try this later this evening. I am on EST

in Ohio. If you have any more suggestions I will try them tonight.

Ok Bill, if the water shuts off when you pull the plug then it's a electronic problem, if the water continues to flow then the valve is stuck open, because the valve is not serviceable the valve would have to be replaced.

If the water does shut off then it could be a dispense pad, a control board or a switch.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.