Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

How can I remove the GE washer model wjsr4160d5ww agitator

How can I remove the GE washer model wjsr4160d5ww agitator Assembly.

THE WATER FILLS AND SPINNS as it pumps, but the agitator moves i either direction with washer off

thanks XXXXX shrewsbury MA
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi Bill, the likely problem here is a bad coupler, To remove the agitator to get to the coupler grab a old belt, slide it under the agitator and give it a swift pull, it should pop off, Make sure you keep your face well out of the way since I have had them pop up and hit me in the face.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike It come apart just like you said, Looks like the white coupling between agitator.is bad the inside spline is worn bad and 4 tabs sticking out on inside are worn. there is a good fit from this to the agitator.

Mike again many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX set your rating

Regards XXXXX

Your welcome Bill

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Bill,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,