Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Maytag dishwasher (model# XXXXX) will not turn on.

My Maytag dishwasher (model# XXXXX) will not turn on. I can choose any cycle, the light for that cycle will turn on, but when I push the start button, nothing happens. The light for the start button will not come on. However, I can puch the delay button, the light will come on, but nothing happens. What do I do??!!!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Ok thanks for that Ashley,

From what you have told me the control lock is not on so this will be a very common problem with dishwashers of all brands, The touch pad has a shorted key (likely the start button) To fix this problem the control panel will need to be replaced :(

The touch pad is built into the control panel, in order to replace this you would need to open the door, take all the screws out around the inner liner behind the control panel. Lift the control panel out, at this point it will be a case of swapping the control board and latch to the new control panel, (few screws)

I have provided a link below where you can purchase the part, Ive looked at all my suppliers and this one seems to be the only one that has it in stock and can deliver the new part in 3 days :)

Click here to order the part

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your help. Does this happen often? Would I need to expect to replace the control panel every 5 years or so?

No although a common problem the manufacturers have redesigned most control panels so you should not have too much trouble with the new one Ashley :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Ashley,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,