Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My fisher & pykel dishwasher about 18mths old keeps shorting

My fisher & pykel dishwasher about 18mths old keeps shorting the power out, I have found the drain hose was split and was spaying water over the back of the dishwasher, I have dried it all out but it is still shorting the power out once the dishwasher is turned on and starts going it then shorts the power out. i have checked the power outlet to make sure it is not that with a hair dryer plugged in an that is fine, any suggestions or do u think my machine is stuffed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..is this a double drawer or a single drawer ? do you have a model number ? thx

Customer:

it is a single drawer model no. DW60CE or DW60CC not 100% sure that is the booklet that comes with it and it gives me both model no.s

Randy 43 :

shorts the breaker right away? was it a lot of water ?

Customer:

The machine will come on as soon as the water starts going it shorts it out, there was about a cup or two of water

Randy 43 :

there is the main board on the bottom of the dishdrawer ,under the plastic cover ,if that got too much water it will short itself out and cause the issue ,all the other boards are at the front and safe from moisture ,i would suspect that board , you can unplug and remove the drawer and pop the cover off and have a look ,i would think it is the issue ,especially if the water was spraying at the back and ending up on the floor of the machine

Customer:

do you access that from the front of the machine

Randy 43 :

yes , cut power ,pull out the drawer ,then push a tab at the side of the rail on each side and push the rail back in towards the cabinet lift the drawer and move it over to either side but dont pull to hard on the hose and water line , should give you enough room to get cover off , but definately unplug first ,it is live down there

Customer:

if it is that would i have to replace the part (approx price) or is it something that just needs to be dried out

Randy 43 :

if it is shorting out it is toast , ill see if i can fin a price

Randy 43 :

i dont have the exact look up but the double drawers the price is in the $120-$150 range ,so similiar maybe cheaper ?

Customer:

ok thanks heaps for your help, ok im at work so I wont beable to have a look at it until later hopefully that is it, would that be covered under fisher and pykel warranty or is it bad lack that the hose split do you think

Randy 43 :

actually double check your warranty a lot of those have 2 yr parts and labour it may be covered , but if just out call customer service they may still help you out ,depends on who you get on the line at customer service

Customer:

thankyou

Randy 43 :

good luck , any problems let me know

Customer:

oops sorry i accidenlty pressed poor service instead of good service

Randy 43 :

poor service ? is there anything else i could do to help you ?

Randy 43 :

ok thx

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert