Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

SAMSUNG DRYER NO HEAT. MODEL DV330AEB1XAA. I REPLACED HEATER,

SAMSUNG DRYER NO HEAT. MODEL DV330AEB1XAA. I REPLACED HEATER, BOTH FUSES BESIDE HEATER AND STILL NO HEAT.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have 220v at the outlet? itll run on 120 volts but it needs 220 to heat , also i ran across one where the relay board in the top left front corner was a all burnt up ..did you check those ?

Customer:

I AM GETTING 220 FROM BACK.

Customer:

I DID TAKE A LOOK AT THAT OTHER BOARD AND DIDN'T SEE ANY BURN SPOTS, BUT DIDNT KNOW HOW TO CHECK IT

Randy 43 :

you can check that relay for 220 as well ,,red and black wire on the black relay

Randy 43 :

no wires burnt ? especially on that relay

Customer:

I CHECK FROM RED TO BLACK AND IS GETTING 240 VOLTS. I TOOK THE 2 WIRES OFF THE HEATER AND I TESTED THE RED WIRE AND WAS GETTING 120 VOLTS. I CHECKED THE OTHER WIRE AND WAS GETTING LIKE 98 VOLTS. MAYBE NOT GOOD CONNECTION WHEN I TOUCHED DUE TO FEAR OF SHOCK. BUT I DID NOTICE NOT FULL 120 ON OTHER LEG OF HEATER BLUE WIRE.

Customer:

I WAS THINKING MAYBE IT COULD BE THE MOTOR BUT LOOKING AT DIAGRAM I AM GETTING VOLTAGE AT THE TH1 THERMOSTAT, (120 VOLTS) AND ALSO THE RED WIRE GOING TO THE HEATER I GOT 120 VOLTS.

Randy 43 :

if you have them hooked up to heater terminals you arent getting the 220 to the heater..i have only had the top board and heater itself cause non heating issues ,never had a bad motor

Customer:

OKAY. I WILL RESEARCH PART NUMBER FOR BOARD OR DO YOU ALREADY SURPRISING HAVE IT.

Randy 43 :

they dont seem to have a look up ,that 1 in the model # XXXXX to be causing a issue ,not coming up