Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need an air conditioner for a 12x18 room that is VERY quiet.

I need an air conditioner for a 12x18 room that is VERY quiet. I purchased the Frigidaire but it is not as quiet as advertised.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The FriedXXXXX XXXXXne is the quietest in the industry but will cost a bit more than others. For the size of room you have, you will need a 6,000 BTU unit. I have linked you to the one that should fit your needs below.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Several reviewers of that model complained of the noisiness. I do not mind spending more money for a quiet air conditioner. Is there a more quiet one?

This unit is one of the quietest available, mostly due to the way the air is routed out the side rather than the top, as most are. Most reviews complaining of noise are due to improper installation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How does this compare to the frigidaire http://www.lowes.com/pd_47129-48789-LRA107BU1_?fromStore=true (which I have and consider loud)

There really is no comparison because the way the air moves is totally different in those two machines. The Frigidaire uses a thin styrofoam housing to direct the air which results in a much noisier operation. That is why the FredeXXXXX XXXXXne is much quieter, because the way the air is routed with the side discharge and the plastic and styrofoam shroud.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, does the Frederich require professional installation?

Also - I read in the Frederich reviews that the compressor is an LG compressor. My other unit was LG and VERY loud when the compressor went on. I don't want to end up paying $300 for a window fan - the cooling feature is very important to me.

No, it is a typical window AC, utilizing standard mounting. The larger ones do, but this window one should be just as easy to install as the one you have now.