Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fisher Paykel model GWL 15 US stops on the rinse cycle, will

Fisher Paykel model GWL 15 US stops on the rinse cycle, will not drain, can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So that is definitely a drain fault error if you get 3 6 8 lights appearing. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit.  The drain pump is located in the front right corner.  It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it.  Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it.  There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off. 

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it.  Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages.  Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you I will try and let you know how it works out, will try at 5 tonight... have to go back to work- thnx

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
sounds good!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, the pump is now working again, however the machine was making awful noises when it was spinning, I think I may have unbalanced the machine disconnecting the hoses, what do I do now?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I really couldn't say without being there and hearing the noise. Make sure the 4 rods are still connected to the tub and that the basket is hanging straight---other than that it's hard to know what one could have done during the process of repairing the machine since that is not a naturally occurring failure. You may need a technician out to look and see what the noise is coming from if you can't tell.

Either way, please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, now it is beeping , and it is on 3 & 5

I was so excited it was draining...

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So that's a pretty big problem. It means your inner tub isn't engaging properly. You'll need to take the inner basket out and look to see if you can find anything stuck between the tubs. If you find nothing then you may need to replace the plastic hub gear on the bottom of your inner tub and such because it's not engaging properly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you think this happened when I was tilting the machine?

how do I take out the inner basket? I started it again and it seems to be finishing the cycle... the loud noise is gone- think you can talk me through the next steps?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how it could happen by tilting the machine.

Hopefully the noise goes away and you're done with the problem, but if it comes back, you may need a technician to look at it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We got it working, now it stopped and went to error code 3-4-5, thoughts?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's basically the same error as before saying that the inner basket isn't engaging correctly. You're going to need a technician for that.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up again to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?