Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I turn on my dishwasher all ready to go.The machine starts

I turn on my dishwasher all ready to go.The machine starts up and registers the time span and runs for two minutes and after a very brief pause, it lights up to tell me its in error 1.There is no water coming in to the machine.
Could you please inform me of my next move.
My email address Is hilfra1@westnet .com.au
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..were new fill hose installed ? or drain altered or garburetor installed?

Randy 43 :

as per faucet that means the water supply , are you sure the water is on ? they havent turned it off for the install and forgot to turn it back on?

Customer:

Everything was supplied new for the fitting and plumbing of the complete kitchen and dishwasher. If the water was switched off I would not have been able to use the dishwasher for the past 2 months and I am the only person living on the premises .,so that is all I can tell you.

Randy 43 :

i wasnt aware that you have been using the dishwasher after the installation. if they installed the anti flood stainless fill hose they sometimes can cause issues ,air locks ,if there is no water entering the first thing to do would be to double check that the supply is in fact on ,loosen the supply line from the dishwasher water valve and make sure there is water there and doesnt have a failed water valve or a kinked hose ,it does happen ,even on new installs

Randy 43 :

why are you rating me ? we are in the middle of a question here?im trying to figure out the next step

Customer:

If there had been any problem with the water system it should have shown up immediately on connection with the dishwasher when installed and checked, and the fact that it has operated smoothly since started two months ago, and there certainly is no kinking of the hoses.

Randy 43 :

and exactly where did you mention that in your description? hence the questions ..and you are also asking me what a faucet is?

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Sorry to hear of your dishwasher trouble. Since you are certain the water supply to the dishwasher is adequate, the water inlet valve is likely at fault. You can easily test the valve to see if it is getting voltage from the control to open. Do you have a meter to measure voltage at the water inlet valve when it should be filling?