Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

We have a Kitchen Aid side-by-side refrigerator model KSRP22FNBT,

We have a Kitchen Aid side-by-side refrigerator model KSRP22FNBT, which no longer cools. When you open the door, the cooling cycle begins and seems to go to appropriate temperature in the freezer and refrigerator. However, once the temperature starts to go up, the cooling cycle doesn't restart. Opening the door will cause the cooling to begin again, but it only runs one cycle and then stops. A technician came to our house to check the unit and was unable to diagnose the problem. He said he would have to try different circuit boards, but didn't know if that would fix the problem.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The tech was right about one thing. You need a circuit board. The only circuit board there is in your refrigerator is the one there where the temperature adjustment is. That is the main control board. There are no other boards in your refrigerator. It is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN One place that has your board online with an image is linked below. I have also arrowed it in the diagram below for you.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8201673/1059854
Thanks,
Barry

CLICK FOR DIAGRAM