Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GE JX2030 trim kit for microwave Im installing and cant get

GE JX2030 trim kit for microwave
Im installing and cant get the trim that goes on top of the microwave to go flush against the wall. its about 1/2 inch off the wall. But it is flus against the microwave
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If it has snapped in place on the microwave then you do not have the microwave installed far enough into the cabinet or you do not have the trim snapped into place. It can only be one of the two things.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it suppose to fit flat against the cabinet or will it be off the wall all around?

No it should be flat against the cabinet. You probably do not have the microwave in far enough. The trim piece should be flush against the cabinet.