Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My Kenmore refrigerator model 795 shows EC IF on control p

My Kenmore refrigerator model 795 shows EC IF on control panel

Hello Jack my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The ice fan is what is causing your error. The board is not reading it. Either the sensor in the motor is bad or the motor itself is bad, and lastly it could be jammed. So locate it first and see if it is actually stuck or not. If not then replace it. I have it arrowed in the diagram, its on the left side in the freezer behind the rear wall. I have put the instructions to get the drawer out just below for you and the link to the ice fan motor. Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before you start.

Drawer Sheet below

Ice fan below.

If you have questions please ask,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Barry; Many thanks. This is beyond my 78 year old expertise. I will call a repairman in the morning.

I understand Jack. One thing you might try if you could is unplugging the refrigerator and opening the freezer door for a few hours to let it thaw. It could be frozen, there is a small chance and that may save you the service call. In any case thank you for the opportunity and take care.