Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

I was attempting to change the door on my Samsumg washer Model

I was attempting to change the door on my Samsumg washer Model WF210ANWXXA and the door catch fell downward into the rubber gasket area. What can be done to retrieve it and can the door assembly actually be moved to the opposite side?

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

There is a wire ring that is hidden under the front of the rubber gasket. Pull that off and you can move the rubber gasket to get the door lock mechanism. Then put the rubber boot back in place. Putting the ring back on is more difficult and works better if you have needle nose pliers.

repairguy :

Position the spring towards the bottom and pull the wire up and around the boot. When you get to where it is too hard to pull, use one hand to hold the wire in place and the other to help pull the spring towards the wire and then work rest of ring into grove.

repairguy :

Oh by the way, no the door latch can not be relocated there most likely is not enough wire

repairguy :

Were you able to reattach your door latch?

Customer: The latch has been extracted from the rubber gasket and the door reinstalled as it was originally. The man next door used a flexible retreving tool that I have and snagged it. I do truly appreciate the answer to the pron
Customer: Problem that I had and certainly would have used it as a last resort. I am also glad to know that I can access your help on this sit. Thank you so very much for your attention to this matter.
repairguy :

repairguy :

If you do not mind can you please rate the quality of my answer for you, that is how the website knows that we are doing what we are suppose to for them.

The quality of you answer was exceptional because nowhere else could I have possibly found that type of technical answer to my question. I will certainly keep that in mind the next time I try to do my own repairs and I certainly do try to repair whatever I possibly can. Thank you for your promptness and expertise.