Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE dryer that has a build-up of lint and sand beyond

I have a GE dryer that has a build-up of lint and sand beyond the filter that is faithfully cleaned. We are unable to get a vacuum cleaner hose into the area because it is too narrow for the hose. How do I clean this without having to pay to have a tech service call?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a moment to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay

Ok to get to the lint filter you would need to take the machine apart or purchase the lint filter attachment for your vacuum cleaner from lowes or home depot,

To get the machine apart take the screws out behind the control panel of the machine, take the plastic cap off behind once the screws are out, you can then remove the screws holding the top panel in place. Once this is out remove the screws holding the control panel in place then disconnect the door lock/switch, next take the door panel completely off. You would now have access to the lint filter housing so that you could clean it out.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are not successful taking the door panel off. I have a multitude of screwdrivers and wrenches - none of which fit the screws holding the top panel in place.

I believe it is a torx head screw you need. If you don't have any you would need to purchase a set at a hardware store, they are pretty cheap.

Thanks!

Mike.