Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Maytag washer mhw6000xw2 that wont drain. Ive checked

I have a Maytag washer mhw6000xw2 that won't drain. I've checked the filter at the bottom in the front. Looking for more ideas. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Does the door lock? have you had any problems with the door locking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It locks, fills up a bit with water, then stops. It flashes error codes E01 and F09.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you give me a few minutes to look up that error code please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok John thanks for that, The error code means long drain, If you have checked the drain filter and cleared all debris out then the pump will need to be replaced. It's likely either the impeller was damaged or the motor is bad.

Let me know if you want the part number for the pump.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks. I'd like the part number. Can you tell me how to remove the front panel on this beast? I removed the screws at the bottom, which allowed me to pull the bottom of the front panel out far enough to get to the drain filter, but I can't find any screws or clips or anything higher on the unit to release the panel. It looks like it's in 2 pieces, with the top of the bottom panel slid under the top part, but I can't figure out how to remove the top panel where the controls are located.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You would need to pull the unit away from the wall, Take the screws out at the rear lip then take the top panel off, next remove all visible screws for the control panel then unclip it from the machine, disconnect the wire harnesses, next remove the door gasket from the front panel by pulling out the wire band from around the gasket where the door opens, remove the screws holding the door panel in place, disconnect the door lock then you will have access to the pump.

Click here to order the new pump

Thanks!

Mike.