Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a whirlpool fridge with the freezer drawer on bottom

I have a whirlpool fridge with the freezer drawer on bottom and it seems to ice up at top of drawer and around the light inside daily it is humid right now so it is really bad, I have to wipe it daily and scrape off the ice. We have emptied it out and let int dry up for about a week and it was ok for awhile, but starts up again much worse in summer any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

This frost is in the fridge part near the light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I,ve told you the problem do you have an answer?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes the problem is that warm air is getting into the fridge causing the moisture in the air to condense into frost, the reason for this is likely there is a small gap in the door gasket.

Try warming the door gasket up all the way around with a hair dryer on low heat, This should make the gasket seal up again correctly, if this does not help the problem then you would need to replace the door gasket.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It helped on the fridge door but not the freezer drawer which is really the problem do you have anything further we can do ?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No if using a hair dryer didn't work then you would need to replace the gasket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget about it
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Forget about it? Not sure what you want from me? I've given you the only answer that is possible.